Wednesday 20 January 2016

Circling Taiwan Swirl - Majestic


Soap #29 Circling Taiwan Swirl in purples
made 10/01/2016 ready after 10/02/2016


There was a time when I didn't think I was competitive, I wasn't interested in entering competitions. In my other life as a 'longarm quilter' I started to enter competitions back in 2012 and have been quite successful. I never thought that I would enter competitions with my new hobby of soaping. I only started to make soap in the summer of 2015, yes, I went and found myself another addictive hobby.

Amy Warden of Great Cakes Soapworks is hosting an online soaping challenge, I was enticed to try it. The competition is for a soap made in a loaf shaped mould with three dividers giving four spaces for coloured soaps. I had never used this new pink liner, I made a wooden mould to make it more stable and cut some dividers to fit the liner. (See my previous post for my practice session).



For this batch I chose colours more to my liking, purples, green and yellow, pleasing to the eye
Violet mica
Magic Yellow mica
Lavender mica
Apple Green mica
Fragranced with Lavender and Litsea Cubeba essential oils


Stick blended to emulsification, ready to section off...


Coloured micas mixed in......


Colours placed in order...




After the swirling




The cut




This is the cut photo I entered into the challenge...I named it 'Majestic'






I'm really pleased how these turned out...

26 comments:

  1. I love how long and graceful your petals are. Mine are short and blob-like ;-) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors, you did a great job with this. Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! That is stunning. Love it, total win for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo and the swirls! Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are so crisp and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vivid colors and the absolutely beautiful swirl you got! The colors remind me of Mardi Gras. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your swirl is amazing. You chose all my favourite colours too. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, I love purples too, thanks for visiting...

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the wonderful world of soap challenges!! Looks like you fit right in. :) Your soap turned out beautifully - I never would have guessed you've been making soap for less than a year! The colors are beautiful and the swirls are fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, it was a fun Challenge, I'm already looking forward to next month.....

      Delete
  9. Very nice! Your colors turned out really nice. I bet it smells amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow factor is certainly going here. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice definition in your petals, Kay! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete